What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
In Mekong Eyes Cruise 3-day tour, you spend more time on exploring the sights of the Mekong Delta and river life. Along the journey, our cruise brings us to most of outstanding destinations in the South of Vietnam such as Cai Be, Can Tho, Tra On….The local boat sails to the bustling places where tourists are amazed with trading activities on Cai Rang and Cai Be floating markets. On some land excursions, you have the chance to admire handicraft productions that are made by local people. Let’s take an excursion with a small rowing boat to explore some small canals of Mekong River.
- Relax on sundeck and enjoy the fantastic scenery on Mekong Delta River
- Spend a leisure day strolling through fruit orchards, rice fields in countryside
- Visit some of the busiest areas such as Cai Be, Can Tho bustling floating markets
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- All meals as indicated in itinerary
- Shuttle bus from/to Saigon
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Side trips on sampans as mentioned in the itineraries
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Private transfer from/to Saigon
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
Tour starts from Can Tho to Cai Be and back (on odd dates, e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) or from Cai Be to Can Tho and back (on even dates, e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.)
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon by optional private transfer and take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river. The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
If you book this tour on our Gecko Eyes house boat, you will visit the forest of Xeo Quyt on the first day. During the Vietnam war this jungle was the headquarters of the local partisans. During rainy season when the water levels are high enough you can explore the labyrinth by rowing sampan. In the afternoon you will visit the small and charming town of Sa Dec.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits and vegetables. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
Later in the morning your can boat through the green water landscape on a little rowing sampan to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards. Alternatively you can discover the nearby town by foot or explore the small side canals of the Mekong river on a bicycle.
The cruise boat then resumes its journey as lunch is served. In the afternoon there will be another side trip to one of the exotic villages along the way.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Mekong Eyes Cruise
- Day 3: An exotic world of its own
After breakfast and an early start through the glorious morning atmosphere on the Mekong river we will visit another floating market. Be sure not to miss the great photo opportunities for authentic snapshots of the Mekong people and their life.
Take another sampan side trip right into the lush rural landscape, the fertile fields, the exuberant green. Then it’s time to pack up and return to the pier from which we started.
The Mekong Delta cruise boat tour ends at around 11.00 — 11.30h on the pier. On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
Meals: B, L
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
- Leave from Can Tho to Cai Be and back (on odd dates, e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) or from Cai Be to Can Tho and back (on even dates, e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.)
- The above programme is for tour starts on even dates; if your tour starts on an odd date the programmes of day 2 and day 3 are exchanged.
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
07 Aug 2018
We took the Mekong River Cruise, was dropped at the bee hive farm, then to cconut candy making store, There were many products to sell.. Then had a sampan ride too. It was different and interesting...
24 Feb 2018
Me and my daughter cruised from Cai Be and ended in Can Tho. The trip was fantastic. The crew were extremely attentive, our guide Cate was very kind. The food was good, the cabin excellent. There was a nice mixture of chilling on deck watching the world go by, and arranged tours of villages and markets which were interesting and no stress. I would definitely recommend.
25 Dec 2016
We left 3 days on this boat for a cruise on the Mekong. This boat is beautiful, the crew serious and we had a good time on this boat. Bike tours are offered. The meals are delicious and the cabin is pretty. Of course the bathroom is equipped with a shower but not as we enter it but it is very easy to use. I spent my birthday on the boat and the crew was kind enough to offer me flowers. A cruise that changes from Halong Bay and much less touristy
10 May 2012
amazing tour that i have ever gone with them, sure i will be back again, you can see the whole view of the charming countryside in the Mekong delta. you are always welcome by local people with their smile and the hospitality