What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Friends, Family, All of people
Type : Land tour
The Perfume pagoda is one of the highlights of the Hanoi area and one of the most important religious sites in Buddhist Vietnam. Every spring, after the Vietnamese New Year, thousands of Vietnamese pilgrims come here to pray for all the health and prosperity they need to get them through the year. The pagoda itself is situated in a huge cave built into limestone cliffs and can only be reached by boat as there are no roads. You glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths, visiting the pagodas and temples built in this area over the centuries.
- Enjoying a local lunch near Thien Tru pagoda
- A scenic boat trip down the Yen river between dramatic limestone cliffs
- Visiting the beautiful Pagoda and Cave and learning more about religion and society in Vietnam
- 1 Lunch
- A/C shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- Drinking water during the trip
- All transportation and transfers
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Pre & Post trip accommodation in Hanoi
- Food & drink not mentioned in the itinerary
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Hanoi centre - Duc village - Yen river - Thien Tru Pagoda - Giai Oan Pagoda - Tuyet Son Pagoda - Thien Tru pagoda - Hanoi centre
Departing Hanoi we have a two hour drive through the picturesque countryside and back roads to the village of Duc for some refreshments before boarding our boats for a 1.5 hour ride along the scenic Yen river, surrounded by dramatic limestone cliffs.
After this we walk to the Thien Tru Pagoda (Heaven’s Kitchen) and the Perfume cave and pagoda - an hours walk in total.
On our way back we visit Giai Oan and Tuyet Son pagodas.
Lunch will be at one of the little food stalls near Thien Tru pagoda.
After lunch the boat will take us back to our bus for the drive back to Hanoi.
We arrive in Hanoi around 18.30.
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
02 Feb 2019
We reached it in full day trip from Hanoi. There is 2-ways boat ride in big river with nice views around. Parfume pagoda is on the hill. I recommend to go up with lift and go down by walk. Entire journey was good, so if you have to spend one day out of bustling Hanoi it is a good choice.
20 Dec 2018
20 Dec 2018
It is a long bus trip followed by a 50 min long boat trip in an uncovered boat, so bring a hat or an umbrella. On arrival there are quite a few steps up to the restaurant where we had a nice Vietnamese lunch. We took the cable car up and down to the Pagoda as it was very hot. We were lucky that it was not crowded at all and the Pagoda is quite amazing. Next to the restaurant is a very beautiful temple which is worth a visit. Boat ride back was very enjoyable as it was not so hot anymore and the countryside is nice. Tiring but worth it.
08 Oct 2018
Saw lot of complains in reviews. Must try to experience it yourself. Weather in 2nd week oct was cooling average 22degrees Celsius. From old quarter pick up take 2 hours drive, follow by metal bumps boat which sit maximum 6-8 people. The metal sit was really hard and solid. That the best for your butt training. :). Follow by Manual paddle by a Vietnamese lady. Have lunch with the dishes which bring Vietnamese cooking style. Overall was ok come with Big bowl of rice. Then Visited “heaven kitchen temple Buddhist temple” and took a cable car followed by perfume pagoda which is kind of peaceful and serenity. Your mind feel at ease.