What you’ll get
Duration : 6 days / 5 night(s)
Departure : Daily from Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Active traveler, Family, Friends
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88SPP11
This is one of the most popular trips we offered including visiting various villages in Sapa. In this tour, you have chance to see interesting places, ethnic minorities villages of H’Mong, Tay, Dzao, Dzay and Xa Pho minorities and mountainous regions of Sapa, near the Chinese border. Known for intricate embroidery, traditional crafts and silver jewelry, this will provide an opportunity to make fantastic memory.
- Visit a waterfall and a rattan bridge
- Take part in many interesting activities such as trekking to the villages sightseeing landscapes and relaxing
- Have chance to visit interesting places, ethnic minorities villages of H’Mong, Tay, Dzao, Dzay and Xa Pho minorities
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 5 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Train, Shuttle bus
- Homestay, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Full board meals (B, L, D)
- Homestay in villages of Sapa
- Hotel in Sapa (twin, double, triple sharing)
- Return train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi
- Transfer from the hotel to Hanoi railway station
- Roundtrip transfer by bus between Lao Cai and Sapa
- Price Excludes
- Insurance, VAT
- Surcharge for New Year, Luna New Year, Christmas
- Drinks & tips
- Personal expenses
- Drop off at hotel after tour
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Night 1: Hanoi - Lao Cai
20.30 Pickup at your hotel and transfer to Hanoi Railway Station for the night train to Lao Cai Station. Sleep on the train.
- Day 1: Lao Cai - Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van (4hrs trek, 12km, 3 villages)
Arrive in Lao Cai and transfer to Sapa. After breakfast, explore around Sapa. Start trekking after lunch. Visit Lao Chai Village and then walking through hillsides and along Muong Hoa River, visit Ta Van village.
Explore the daily life of Dzay minority and spend a night at a Dzao family.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 2: Ta Van - Ban Ho (7hrs trek, 18km, 3 villages)
After breakfast, get to a village located at the foot of Hoang Lien Son range via bamboo forests. Visit a waterfall and a rattan bridge. Then get down to the river, cross it and keep going to Supan village for 2 minorities – The H’Mong and the Red Dzao. Get off the road to go down hill to BanHo village.
O/N at Ban Ho village with a Tay family.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Ban Ho - Thanh Phu (7hrs trek, 15 km, 4 villages)
Get up early in the morning for fresh air and peaceful daily life of the people. After breakfast, walk uphill to a smallest and almost untouched village of the Red Dzao (Namtoong). Go further to another village on the other side of the mountain range to see the XaPho ethnic group in MiSon village.
Have dinner and O/N at a Tay family in Thanh Phu village.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Thanh Phu - Supan - Sapa (4hrs trek, 12km, 23km by jeep)
After breakfast, walk back to Supan village where take a jeep back to Sapa. On the way back, visit the ancient stone circle (stones decorated with ancient carvings which are said to have described to the life of the people lost in the mists of prehistory).
O/N at hotel in Sapa
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 5: Sapa - Lao Cai - Hanoi
After breakfast, free time to visit Sapa town and market. Have lunch. At 15:30, get on bus to Lao Cai railway station. Have dinner in Lao Cai. Then take the night train back to Hanoi. End of tour.
Meals: B, L, D
- Pick you up at your hotel at 8:30PM
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Train: A/C soft sleeper with 4 berths/cabin
- Train departure from Hanoi at 9:40PM or 10.00PM
- Accommodation: Homestay, Fansipan View 2* or Panorama 3*
- Passengers are advised to leave big luggage at hotel for convenience.
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen...
- This tour can be operated as a private tour or a part as group tour (in Sapa) and a part as private (Coc Ly)
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 4 reviews
Value for money9.5
28 Jan 2019
You should expect a morning thick fog if you plan to do this trek during the winter season. The ladies were friendly to help during the trekking and have a conversation with you. Exchange stories if you'd like to. Prepare an extra pair of good shoes, yours will probably be covered with thick mud. The village was lovely. I believe it's even more beautiful during other seasons. Prepare to be approached by the locals there selling their wonderful handcrafted items.
16 Oct 2018
The trip was really enjoyable and we got loads of great photos. The views were amazing and the women were really helpful. We saw the local culture as well as lots of rice paddies. The trek was harder than we thought and could be explained a bit better. You need to be reasonable fit and they are right in recommending trekking boots. The guides do try to sell you stuff but only at the end and it was all nice handmade items anyway so we didn’t mind. Plus they deserved it for the help they gave us on the trek. The food was nice too and plenty, there were locals trying to sell stuff there which wasn’t ideal but we got over it. Would definitely recommend.
26 Apr 2018
Great day spent walking among the local villages. Our guide was super friendly and accommodating. Good trip, great local lunch, couldn’t fault the day! Upon return a representative from the tour met us to check everything had been positive. We felt very looked after!
16 Oct 2016
We booked package tour which included our own guide, beautiful trekking, meals and spending the night with a family in a remote homestay. It was amazing, in the evening we celebrated a good rice harvest, the family and our guide showed extraorindinary hospitality. The guide kept us entertained during the entire trip, and I strongly support his own project every day is a green day, where all of us gathered one bag of trash to inspire the locals to keep Sapa clean. Really recommend it.