What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
This spectacular trip offers the best discovery of Mai Chau and Pu Luong within just 2 days. Mai Chau is the mountainous town of the Thai people. It is one of the most picturesque regions of Vietnam’s Northwest. Nearby, the Pu Luong Nature Reserve is an area with outstanding beauty and biodiversity and worth exploring by foot.
- Staying at Homestay Hang Village - Pu Luong
- Seeing the beauty of Pu luong Nature Reserve
- Joining 2-day private tour to visit Mai Chau and Pu Luong
- Visiting beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies to Hang Village
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Price Includes
- Meals as indicated
- Private transfer with A/C
- English speaking guide
- Home-stay permissions
- Entrance fees & Sightseeing fees
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Tips, Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong (170 km & 3hour walk)
Depart from your Hanoi hotel at 8:00 am transferring to Mai Chau. Daydream as we drive a safe route with spectacular views around every bend. Upon arrival at Poom Coom village in Mai Chau, we will take a short walk to visit the ethnic Thai people, then lunch will be served at local home.
By 2:00 pm, transfer to Phuc Tan Village where we will take a a 2 to 3 hour walk through beautiful hill side villages, magnificent rice paddies to Hang Village. The highlight on this walk is experiencing the beauty of Pu luong Nature Reserve, the everyday life and culture of the white Thai people. Become a part of local life when we are welcomed as honored guests at a traditional Thai home on stilts. Here in Hang village we will have a traditional dinner and stay the night.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Pu Luong – Mai Chau – Hanoi
The daily life here starts early, it will be interesting for you to get up at the first sign of day light and take part in the activities in the morning, or take a stroll around Hang village before having breakfast with our new Thai friends.
At 8:00 am start a trek inside the Pu Luong Nature Reserve (back on some of the same routes) then onto the main road, after a 3 hour walk, the driver will pick us up and transfer to the Poom Coong village for lunch. We should leave Mai Chau at 2:30 pm and end the trip in Hanoi by around 6:00 pm.
Meals: B, L
- Meals: Vietnam food Homestay condition is very basic
- This tour itinerary and tour prices are subject to change without prior notice, please refer to our terms and condition before booking.
- Please travel responsibly, the small things you do will make a big difference!
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
11 Feb 2019
My fiancé and I visited Mai Chau and Pu Luong on a 2 day 1 night trip. We couldn’t have imagined the breathtaking scenery of the mountains and the local villages with their green patchwork of rice fields and terraces which we saw by bike ride and trek. The food and service we received in the places we visited and stayed were excellent. Our guide was knowledgable, enthusiastic and friendly and took care to made sure we enjoyed and were comfortable on our trip. Of the places that I’ve visited in Vietnam and Thailand, this I loved most and would recommend anyone visiting Vietnam to travel here.
08 Feb 2019
19 Nov 2018