What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hoi An
Suitable : Family, Honeymoon couple, Friend
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HAP03
One of the greatest pleasure of any visitor to Hoi An is strolling along the beautiful streets of the old town at night under the flickering lights of the many beautiful lanterns. These colorful lanterns are not only the symbol of Hoi An old town but also a part of the spirit of the Hoi An . We would like to offer you a tour to a traditional Hoi An handicraft village to make some lanterns.
- Ride a normal bicycle to the home of a craftsman in the city.
- Learn about history, shape, and color of the lanterns as well as the many stages of making them
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- Craft man’s labor
- Material for making the lantern
- English speaking guide
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Drink and beverages
- Tips & personal expenses.
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Hotel - The home of craftsman - Hotel
Our local guide will meet you at the hotel’s lobby and you will ride a normal bicycle to the home of a craftsman in the city. Here you will get a brief introduction to the history, shape, and color of the lanterns as well as the many stages of making them. Then, you will be shown how to decorate and make your own lanterns. You can also keep it as a souvenir.
After saying goodbye to your host, back to your hotel by bicycle.
- Group tour start at 08:00 am
- Private tour has 2 option including morning tour (start at 08:00am) and afternoon tour (start at 14:00)
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.0
16 Feb 2019
We had an amazing time learning how to make the beautiful lanterns you see all over Hoi An. The Lantern Lady is a brilliant teacher and we learned a lot. We got free tea and coffee and the cost of the class and lantern itself was minimal - a definite must do when you're in Hoi An. I hope my lantern makes it home in one piece as it's such a special souvenir.
15 Feb 2019
I wasn't too excited about spending a morning making a lantern in a town where you can buy so many already made, but it turned out to be quite fun! I went with the family and some friends and had a very good time. The teacher is well prepared and the materials are nice and sturdy. We all came away with cute little lanterns and fond memories! I would highly recommend!
08 Feb 2019
My husband and I arrived in the morning to make Chinese lamps (Lanten). I did not imagine what a lovely experience. The materials were arranged and ready. The result was wonderful. We talked about life and it was very interesting and experiential. It is highly recommended
14 Jan 2019
My daughter and I spent a lovely hour making lanterns. You can book 1 hour for covering the lantern with colorful fabrics or 2 hours for making the lantern base as well. The woman running the workshop is so nice! We had a great time!!
14 Jan 2019
We really enjoyed making the lanterns. It’s very reasonably priced & easy to follow, thanks to the instructor. She’s so helpful & calm- there’s no rush. We chose the longer option, making it from the start- plenty of lovely colours to choose from. This was one of my favourite activities of the holiday. Well worth it