What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days / 1 night(s)
Departure : Phong Nha
Suitable : Friends, Active Travller
Product Code : T88OXA09
As the largest cave in Tu Lan cave system, Hang Tien is famed for its enormous size and spectacular formations. The Hang Tien Endeavor is a great combination of jungle trekking, caving, and outdoor camping adventure.
- Exploring the largest cave Tu Lan cave system - Hang Tien 1 and Hang Tien 2
- Swimming in lakes within a cave, a natural lagoon pool, and caveside waterfalls
- Spending a night under a net of a thousand stars,a unique chance to enjoy the real wilderness of this country
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus
- Camping Tent
- Price Includes
- Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- Caving & Safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Semi dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside the (light PVC) backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: Picnic lunch (Day 1 & 2), Breakfast (Day 2), Dinner (Day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gears and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phone and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras) depending on water level
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
- Price Excludes
- 1 medium size towel
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of flip-flop (sandals) for campsite
- 2 – 3 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Cao Quang
Your first day begins in Phong Nha with pickup from your local hotel around 7:30 – 8:00 am. From 8:00 – 9:30 am, you’ll make your way to Tan Hoa office, where you will learn all about safety measures collect your gear and sign our Release Form before departure at 10:30 am. The first part of the walk is tricky with 1 hour trekking uphill and then a hike down alongside the river. You will make a stop for lunch at around 1:00 – 1:30 pm.
You then will reach a tranquil magnificent blue lagoon located right in the middle of the jungle surrounded by rocks. This kind of scenery is rare in the world, it makes you wish you could stop the time and live in this moment forever. Take your time to enjoy a refreshing swim or moments to take some great photos when the sun goes down. Your campsite of the night will be right beside the lagoon, where the mouth-watering fulfilling BBQ dinner prepared by porter team is waiting. After dinner, let’s take a good sleep for your upcoming exploration of Hang Tien 1 and Hang Tien 2 the following day.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Hang Tien 1 – Hang Tien 2 – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
Wake up in your jungle campsite to breakfast prepared bright and early by the porter team. After enjoying your breakfast, you’ll need to climb over a field of boulders before being greeted by the sight of Hang Tien 1 around 9:00 am.
Within Hang Tien 1, about 50 m inside the entrance, lays a large chamber where the ceiling is beautifully patterned. The cave has two sections, one on the right side which goes deep down, and we will pass on the left hand side with many gour pools. Pushing forward, the tour will continue through most of Hang Tien 1 and up a ladder, from which the exit of Hang Tien 1 will be visible. The exit will be reached around 11:00 am.
Trek through the jungle for thirty minutes and at 11:30 am, you’ll head back into the subterranean world known as Hang Tien 2. Here you’ll find many formations, and you’ll trek about 300 m into the cave, before making your way out, back through the exit of Hang Tien 1. Enjoy a picnic lunch.
The next couple hours will be filled with your return trek to the road, where cold drinks will await you. Arrive back at the office around 4:00 pm, where you’ll have time to shower and change into fresh clothes before heading back to Phong Nha. The endeavor will end at 6:30 pm in Phong Nha.
Meals: B, L
- Transfer Dong Hoi - Phong Nha + 35$/car/way
- Private tour is applied from 09 pax up any date
- Group tour: available every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- This tour is operated from mid-November to mid-September (closed in Oct)
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 9 reviews
Value for money9.0
10 Mar 2019
Great tour! I really impressed with our guide.He is a young men, and he did a great job, understanding so well about the tour and the area, taking care of the members and controlling the activities. Highly recommended!
09 Mar 2019
We did the 2 day tour to trek and explore Hang Tien cave. Amazing guides and great experience. We took about an hour jungle trek to the the cave and our group was the only group there, it was so spacious to free admire the cave. Guides were very kind and helpful.
05 Feb 2019
The trip was very well organized. First of the trip, I saw a nice view to the wide grassland and a small stream, which is a good start for every trekking tour. However, at the last day, the weather turned bad a bit, it was rainy and we had to end the tour earlier.
04 Feb 2019
I took the 3 days 2 night Hang Tien tour in mid January and I was very very happy with everything. It's challenging enough, very balanced between trekking, caving and relax in the wild. The food was great too, I appreciate the dedication of the cook and porters to cook meals for us in such a difficult condition, with no meal repeated twice.
03 Feb 2019
I and my boyfriend had an unforgettable voyage in Hang Tien cave. Such a crazy experience overnight in a cave but very funny and interesting! Everything was perfectly organised, the walk was easy and the guides really funny and friendly. Wholeheartedly recommend!!!